Thursday, April 24, 2008

Honduras

Hi, my name is Lily Morrison. I'm 14 years old, and I've never been on an IVUmed trip before. Neither have I ever written a blog. My job on the trip has basically been to keep the patients entertained, and help keep their minds off their surgeries. I've met tons amazing people over the last few days, kids who spend days in bed and are in so much pain but hardly complain. And parents who walked for miles in order to bring their kids to a bus to the hospital, and nurses and doctors who work so hard all day. Everyone seems so happy and grateful, despight everything. I brought along with me tons of paper, pens, play doh, crayons, coloring books (thanks to Becky and Virginia), and toy cars. The kids (and parents, too) seem to like everything so far, and can spend hours making things out of playdoh or playing tic-tac-toe.

Yesterday I watched a surgery for the first time ever, which was pretty cool. At first I thought I would get woozy or naucios, and Ann even had me sit down just in case. But I didn't feel sick at all, I just thought it was pretty amazing. Its cool that they can cut you up and then sow you back together, and then you get better.

Well, over all Honduras has been an amazing and rewarding experience so far.

~Ann Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment